Thursday 30 January 2014

A fishermans tale

When i arrived i was confused as to why there were so many cars at the edge of the grass verge that grew on top of a blanket. It made absolutely no sense, There had never been a shad run in the bay, and that was the impression i was getting.

I had never driven my car onto the jetty, like verge, like everybody else does. I actually thought it was hahaha against the law (like one ever existed) Anyway, i decided i was going to do it.

I couldn't understand why no one had fishing rods, and then i saw the ship. Mammoth structural beast, just floating, its little square windows glinting in the distance.
It just felt unnatural that there were so many people blown away by it. 



I was super distracted, i was here to fish. The third free lure was heavy, with a pink underbelly and dark blue top, fading into white. A little heavier than normal, for my light rig, with a few bearings, and a very interesting lure action.

The rain was still beating down, but a spatial type of flat drop rain, a little indecisive, being bullied by the wind. I thought ahead, at least i had protection, What? 

My blue rain jacket flapped about like a sail, like a yacht in frantic seas. People milled past like i was in in shopping mall. I still didn't care about the ship, i was here to fish.

Another man with a rod arrives and catches a small kingfish with his spoon. I couldn't believe it, i had been there an hour already.He didn't deserve it. 

Now distracted by defeat, and boredom, my mind wonders into the city scape, that divides the industrial ocean, with its clusters of mechanical giraffes in the distance, that are always beautiful. I'm not sure how it happens. Can go to this same place everyday of the week and everything, will change, be re arranged. New objects, different angles. Always tell myself, no more, Your'e not allowed to take any more photographs here, its forbidden, but i do, something will happen, something out of the blue, something in the moment, an energy an event, a feeling.

But this time the city was a pop up book, a little card board silhouette. People lived in there but it wasn't spoken of. There was no action, no chases, nothing.
I got tired of the lure i was using which is this one.





this one, 


and this one



I see this guy in a hoodie fishing. His shoes, are the whitest ,brightest,colourful, adidas shoes Iv'e ever seen. I'm totally blown away, by this fashion victim at the waters edge.


He turns about to be a she, as i realize its actually a women, disguised. A guy next to her retrieves his line into a basket.It was like a jammed moment in time, it actually made no sense.And then it dawned apoun me fishing doesn't have an image. Fishing is fishing. Fishing is Kurt Cobain/Nirvana/Come as you are!! 


Oh and by the way The Queen freaking Mary, not one, but two!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy shop