Tuesday 6 November 2012

Its a Wrap! - (actually the never ending story)

The past two years has allowed me to explore the use of found objects, which have transcended into other mediums, and for these discoveries I am truly thankful.

The image below is the work I displayed for my final exhibition. 




I really like viewing the piece above left, It was an image i captured on the North coast town St Lucia on a fishing trip, of a post box, attached too a pole,and a piece of cam belt wedged between the clamp and the pole to prevent the post box from falling down. I then produced a Cuff bracelet using the elements of the image. At a later stage i found a piece of painted yellow aluminium with decaying paint, and juxtaposed the aluminium with the image of decaying paint, and then cut a hole into the aluminium to serve as a type of display for the cuff bracelet. Its kind of like a double juxtaposition.





Now back to work.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy shop