Tuesday 16 October 2012

Split piece- Cuffs and display


I took a few pictures of the split piece, except this time i photographed some of the cuffs, on the wrist, as well as images standing alone. Im quite happy with the results. I like the way the cuffs exist as independent designs, as well as the way the image of malcolm x is easily identified when bought together. 



Im happy that the catch mechanisims work effectively. The cuff bracelets function individually on the body as they should, with considerations of comfort and functionality.



Im also in the process of making my displays for the end of year portfolio exam.
I've decided too display each bracelet, spaced apart, and i will mount a photoframe with a film on loop that explains the relationship between the cuff bracelets and how each of them co-exist.

So far i have pierced out rectangular holes where each bracelet will fit and am in the process of figuring out how to mount the photo frame.


Initiially it was my intention to buy a whole lot of wood and get things pre cut, but since i have to buy a whole sheet ive subjected myself to 'Doing what i can with what i have'. Above i've used a piece of masonite that i found lying around, but im probally going to cover it with some form of white paper. I may use photocopies from my design book, or do whatever i have to do to make the display look interesting.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy shop