Wednesday 16 March 2011

Whats in a mashup ?



A Mash Up is a fun and adventurous way of making something fresh out of something stale.

Mash up Artist-Greg Gillis from Girl Talk describes his music almost as a form of djing
He makes origional mixes and origional songs out of his favourite stuff.
He says , "Its like playing his own song".

All that said ive established a well grounded connection within the context of my Jewellery creations...
I think i could quite confidently relate the process of my work as a mashup.
I too am collecting old tapes and an assortment of found objects, which werent necessarilly origionally produced by me.
By overlaying and combining certain pre fabricated found material, it feels as if i too am creating my own "style" of samples and " re-minxes", presented through the vehicle of jewellery.

Perhaps i too am trying to manipulate these nostalgic connections and make something new out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy shop