Tuesday 10 December 2013

Creative Compulsive Disorder - Ways to create



What a beautiful creature, this made me cry. Once again the epitome of bricolage, applying creativity to everything and anything possible.

Here is an awesomely talented young lady: Zina Nicole Zahr, who was tragically killed shortly after this video documenting her creative process was made.

This is really close to home, as my work is applied to many various mediums, except her kinetic sculptures are truly mindblowing. A kind of disheartening way to be inspired.

Any way click on the link below and be inspired.



I also really like this way she describes her way of working as a creative compulsive disorder which in my mind has a relationship with bricolage.

On this topic, i have been wondering about how i create, rather than what i create, or what is the results of my actions.

To create work in the moment using any means possible , or to solve a design issue using accessible means is of absolute relevancy. I am starting to identify this way of working as something that could be taught as a way  to communicate design ideas on the drop of the hat. It's quite easy for some individuals to fall into fear of the end result. The end result can be refined and translated into more distinct elements later if need be.

I hope the work of  Zina Nicole Zahr inspires you to create as it has inspired me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy shop